Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 28, 2011

Living Life

Here's another little tidbit for you...it's been haunting my mind since it arrived so I had better get it out before it nags me to death eh?

Adam stiffened and before I blinked, he had whipped around and was marching back towards me, his eyes blazing with fury. Towering above my slender frame, grasped my arms and knit his brows together, his lips pursed into a tight line.

"You think it's that simple, do you? That I just traipse through any time I please without any consequences?" His grip tightened a little, "Sure I can go wherever I want, but I never truly get to live Jenna. I never get to have a normal life!"

He released my arms and backed away suddenly, running a hand through is tousled hair, "I've never had the chance to just live one life with people I care about. It's never been easy for me."

My mood suddenly darkened, "It's never been easy for me either," I muttered.

Adam let out a cynical laugh, "Yes indeed it hasn't been easy for you. You have known your share of heartache and sorrow, but you have the chance to move on from that. You have the chance to live your life."

I was infuriated, "I am living my life!" I shouted in response, "I live it each and every day! And I have to tell you, it's not really all that wonderful. You have it great. No worries. You don't know what it's like."

Adam was back by my side, "I don't know what it's like?" He questioned sardonically, "I believe you are mistaken ma'am. I know perfectly what it's like. I, above all others, know what you're going through. I watch lives pass by. I watch people die, while I remain forever here. Forever doomed to this lonely insignificant existance." He stilled suddenly, his eyes glazing over, "It's no life." His gaze returned to me, "And neither is yours. You haven't moved on. You're just stuck in the same state you were left in all those years ago. You refuse to move on! Instead, you just watch as your life passes you by, ignoring the people around you. You're hardly qualified to say what life is all about."

No comments:

Post a Comment