Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 24: I missed a Few!

So sorry to have missed two days! I have a good excuse though trust me! For one thing, I was out of town and when I was supposed to be writing in my blog I was driving back home. When I got home I promptly fell asleep on the couch. And I would have written yesterday had I not been feeling so crummy.

So here's day 24 for you:

As I've been writing in my various classes at school, I've noticed that the times I enjoy writing the most is when creativity is involved. I'm not a big fan of the structured responsive essays where you are limited in your ability to express yourself. Instead, I've come to find that I enjoy analytical essays a little more. That isn't to say that they are my favorite thing to write, but I do enjoy them a little more than the traditional responsive essay. With an analytical essay I am able to express myself (to some degree) and display my knowledge of a text that I've been reading (that is to say, I'm able to show a deeper meaning of the text).

Now this exercise of writing, while helpful in a structured writing environment, wouldn't naturally appeal to a creative writer. But, I've come to find that after each paper that I write, the structured writing I've exposed myself to enhances my writing abilities and allows me to be more in tune with my creative process, thus givingme the ability to glean the information that I need for my novel. Pretty cool eh?

So needless to say, writing analytical essays are my new form of exercises for my creative writing.

-The Novice Novelist

P.S. and just so you know, I'll hopefully be posting another small portion of a chapter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment