Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 21: Imperfect Writing

One thing I'm sure every writer has dealt with is that insatiable desire to have a perfect piece of writing. However, every writer also recognizes that their writing is inferior in many ways...right?
Well at least that's how I feel. Very often as I sit writing, I have the urge to go back and edit and then edit again and then bang my head on the computer desk because my writing just sounds so stupid and mediocre and just annoying. The problem with this, is that not only does it discourage me and hinder finishing any project, it also isn't a fair assessment of my writing abilities. I've come to find that most authors are their harshest critics. The writings we do produce may never seem to be "perfect" and appropriate to our standards. But the problem is that we don't look at what others may think. Our opinions are the ones that cause the problems.

So my challenge to all those of you who are eager writers: don't think that you don't have the ability to write. Ask someone to read your work and don't be afraid to understand criticism from others. And make sure you never give up on writing.

-The Novice Novelist

No comments:

Post a Comment