Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 5: A piece of writing for you...

Well we're to day five...five whole days of blogging...doesn't sound all that great of an accomplishment does it? Oh well.

Today, my mind has been constantly on my book. And luckily for me, I was actually able to write something! There was certain song on the radio that kept forcing images into my head and so I sat down and wrote a few little pieces for you...whoever is out there reading this thing...anyway I hope you enjoy!

*snippet


I stared at Adam in disbelief. Was he serious? This had to be a joke. Yet nothing in his demeanor betrayed his words. He gazed at me questioningly, a hint of fear in his eyes. He could see my confusion and wavering resolve and knew that I was close to falling apart.

“You’re serious?” I questioned quietly. Adam only nodded. “But- but how are we…?” I couldn’t finish the sentence. This was just absurd.

“Listen Jenna,” Adam began hesitantly, “I know this is a lot to handle right now, but I need you to trust me alright?” He took a step towards me. Out of instinct I backed up a step.

“I-I just don’t know if I can do that. This is completely crazy! Things like this don’t happen. We aren’t in a different time. I’m just having a break down…” I was rambling now, panic was swelling in my chest and I felt my heart beat faster and faster. The world seemed too surreal.

“Jenna listen to me,” Adam’s voice had taken a tone of authority, “you have to calm down. This is really happening and you need to calm down alright?” He grasped my shoulders and shook me gently, gazing into my eyes, “No panicking right now. Let’s get somewhere safe and then you can have a meltdown.”

I tried to speak, but my throat refused to comply. I resorted to nodding, pushing the unpleasant thoughts from my mind for now. Satisfied with my compliance, Adam released my shoulders and grasped my hand, leading me into the undergrowth, further from the path.



*Snippet

Anger welled inside of me and before I could register my actions, my fist connected with a sickening crack against Adam’s cheek. The intense, throbbing pain only fueled my anger further.

“You lied to me!” I seethed, “You no good filthy liar! You lied to me! You said that you didn’t know who I was! You-you let me believe that you didn’t know my family, and then I come to find out that you knew my father!”

The pain of the revelation sent shockwaves through my body. Grief erupted, uninhibited by my usual barrier. I was nearly knocked from my feet as memories began flashing through my mind. My father smiling at me; my mother showing me how to paint the living room walls; and here I was without them. I felt my eyes begin to overflow with hot, salty tears and I did nothing to stop them. I was too angry and saddened. Life was just too complicated

“Please Jenna,” Adam whispered. He sounded genuinely upset, “I never meant to hurt you. I made a promise to your father that I’d look after you. Your father died for a noble cause” My head shot up and sent him a glare.

“You were there?” I whispered dangerously low, anger dripping from my words.

Adam didn’t answer, but the look on his face told me enough of the truth.

“Why didn’t you try to stop it? Why didn’t you try to save them?” my voice was raising in pitch and I slowly inched towards Adam’s frame. He remained stoic, but wary.

“I’m sorry Jenna. There’s nothing I could have done to prevent things. It had to happen.”

“No it didn’t!” I shouted leaping towards him. I began beating on his chest, tears blurring my vision. Adam didn’t try to stop me, “It didn’t have to happen! You could have stopped them! You could have saved my parents. They didn’t have to die…”

My voice cracked as a sob escaped my lips. Adam wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. I stopped fighting, sob wracking my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment