Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 4, 2011

Why I'm a Blogger...

Today in my English 291 class we discussed informal writings, specifically journals and letters. What I posted about was how these texts really spoke to me and really struck me with their connectability. And I posted my beliefs on the website, whether or not it actually appealed to anyone.

I started thinking about why I'm a blogger...good question right? I realize that not many people may read what I write...and many who do read it may not even care about what I'm writing. But, it doesn't really matter. I'm writing because I want to be a better writer and I know that the more I write, the more experience I get. And I hope that I will make progress as a writer, becoming more understandable and enjoyable to readers.

But, that's not the only reason that I sit down to write on my  blog. The main reason I write a blog, both personal and as an aspiring novelist, is because I believe that I have a voice. I have the ability to express myself. I am capable of stating my thoughts and feelings and being heard...or at least stating how I feel in case anyone wanted to KNOW how I felt...

It may be kind of silly for me to think that I have the right to state what I want and make thoughts and ideas known to the rest of the world. But you know what? I really don't care. I believe that I'm intelligent and capable of standing on my own to feet. I believe that I have the ability to be independent and smart and to make comments without having to refer to what other's may deem as the smart and "cool" responses.

And in connecting to the 18th century journal writings, I'm not the best journal writer. In fact, I've fallen off the bandwagon completely. But, I realized that I wanted to blog more often and I've tried to do that. I've tried to make my blogs like my journal, essentially. And when I write a journal, I make it a point to express how I truly feel. It's my opinion that if someone later on in my existence will read my journals, they will know my inner most thoughts and feelings, so why should I be afraid to express how I feel now? Why should I withhold myself from stating how I truly feel?

And as a writer I think it's finding that form of expression that really appeals to people as readers. What engages someone the most, is the ability to connect to the writer and understand why they think the way they do and HOW they think. The understand the innermost workings of a person is a vital part of life as well as being a writer.

At least that's my opinion-

I will upload my little scene from the novel later tonight...I just thought you'd like to hear my little rant.

-The Novice Novelist

No comments:

Post a Comment