Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finishing What I Started...

Well here's the rest of the scene that I was working on for you:

"Jenna hold on!"

I couldn't see Adam but pebbles peppered my hair. I tightened my grip, the rocks digging into my palms. The rain drizzled around me.

"I'll be here," I murmured, trying to distract myself from the fact that I was dangling above a torrential river.

"Jenna! I need you to reach for my hand," Adam commanded, his voice closer to me, "Just reach up and I'll grab you alright?"

My heart started pounding, "I can't do it!" I squeaked, "I just can't. I'll fall."

"I won't let go of you, I promise Jenna. You have to trust me," Adam reassured me. I wasn't convinced.

"I can't do it. I can't."

"Please Jenna, you have to try!" Adam was losing his patience now. "Just reach for me hand. I'm a few inches above you Jenna. You can do it. I promise."

Squeezing my eyes shut and taking a deep breath I hoisted my hand above my head, reaching. I felt my grip slipping and let out a squeak of surprise. Adam's large hand enclosed around my own. But I was still slipping.

"Adam!" I shouted as I lost my hold on  the rocks.

"I have you Jenna," Adam replied reaching for my other hand.

But then his grip started slipping. In one swift movement we were both falling backwards, plunging towards the river.

I hit the frigid water, my scream cut off. I inhaled a lungful of the icy liquid and was tossed like a ragdoll. I couldn't figure out which was was up.

My head popped above the water long enough to gasp in some air before I was sucked under again. But I heard one word:

"Jenna!"

No comments:

Post a Comment