Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 15, 2009

So Many Ideas!

Well here it is! Yet another idea. You see I recently watched part of the interview that Stephanie Meyer did on Oprah on Friday and I've had this idea sort of stewing in the back of my mind. And as I watched her something must have triggered in me and I was struck with inspiration! Yay! And I know what you might think: that I'm not being original or something like that but I can assure you that my idea isn't anything like hers. I was merely inspired by the fact that she was able to write a novel at a young age and so can I! I'm a mother of two wonderful children, but writing has always been my passion and I need to express that in some form of writing or another. That way I can feel a release of pent up emotions and also so that my children, when they get old enough, will be able to see what I've written and perhaps they will be inspired too!

Well anyway enough of my ranting, I wrote this down not too long ago. I have the ideas for a small novel working in my head right now and I thought I'd write it out before I forgot it. Don't panic or anything if you think that I'm just being a flake when it comes to my writing. I fully intend to finish my short story for the competition as well as my other novels. This idea sort of popped into my head and I simply couldn't resist writing it down. You never know what ideas may turn out to be a great one!

So without further ado! Here it is! Let me know what you think!

Something wasn’t right. I could sense it as I walked out of my last class of the day. The air felt thick and foreboding as though something profound was about to happen.

“But what could happen around here?” I murmured quietly as I tightened the grip on my backpack. The campus seemed quiet enough, but I wasn’t about to go seeking danger either.

There weren’t many students about at this time of day. Most had been done with classes for a few hours now, but I was one of the “lucky” few who had to attend a class in the evening. And every night as I stepped out into the darkness of campus my mind started to play tricks on me. Most of the time I could just shrug it off as an over active imagination, but today it felt…different. It felt as though there was really something to fear.

I shuddered involuntarily and hurried towards my dorm, hoping that my roommate was home.

“Amanda,” a voice whispered from the trees. I froze, suddenly terrified. I recognized that voice.

“Amanda,” it called again. Part of me ached to search for him, but the rational side of me admonished such a thought. I was far too dangerous.

“Please Amanda,” it whispered again, but shook my head violently to rid my mind of the spell his voice cast over me.

“No,” I whispered glaring in the direction of the voice. I wouldn’t listen to him. I wouldn’t let myself fall again.

A deep growl erupted from the trees and that was all it took for my mind to kick my body into gear. I took off like a bolt of lightning, praying I wouldn’t trip in my haste. I had to get away from that voice. That hauntingly beautiful and dangerous voice.

Something tackled me and I went sprawling to the ground, my palms scraping against the cement. I struggled to get to my feet, but he was quicker. He grabbed a hold of my ankle and forced me to go tumbling to the ground once more. Swiftly grabbing my wrists, he pinned me so that I was unable to move.

He clicked his tongue disapprovingly, “Oh Amanda, I thought you were smarter than that. Did you really think you could outrun me? I must applaud you though. You did try quite valiantly to escape me. But my dear you will learn soon enough that I don’t allow people to escape once they’ve caught my interest. “

Something was placed over my mouth and nose and I inhaled a foul smell. I tried not to gag and this made him chuckled lightly.

My world started to go hazy. Colors began to meld into one another and I fought against the sudden need to sleep. The last thing I remember was his face and the thought: The man standing above me wasn’t Adam.

There is certainly room for improvement don't you think. Trust me when I say that this was just an idea that literally popped into my head and was immediately put down on paper. So it's very rough and needs quite a bit of work. But it's the thought that counts right now, eh? Haha...anyway...that's all for now! I'll keep you posted on things I promise! I do appreciate all those of you who've stumbled upon my blog and are enjoying my writings (and ramblings). I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

And now, off to bed I go! Church tomorrow and then a nap for me in the afternoon! Yay! God Bless you all and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment