Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another Snippet...Reviews welcome!

Here is another little drabble that I've thought of in my spare time. I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile, It's been rather hectic around here! Hope you enjoy my mysterious readers whoever you may be!

In my haste to get away from Jacob, the hem of my dress got caught on the dangerously high heels that Angela had insisted I wear tonight. I felt my balance shift and was certain I'd be making contact with the floor momentarily.

A strong pair of arms were there to steady me and I looked up int the face of my savior.

William Davenport. Of course it would be him.

I felt a blush creep across my face and I knew I was now a lovely shade of tomato. William only laughed lightly at my startled features and blazing red skin.

"Anxious to get away from someone Rachael?" He teased. My stomach dropped. I wasn't as nonchalant as I had hoped.

"Um well actually," I tried to think of an excuse... "Alright you caught me! But don't tell anyone alright?"

"Secret is safe with me." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Rachael there you are!" I heard the all to familiar nasally voice called out. I turned warily towards the voice and saw, much to my displeasure, that Jacob had been quick to follow me after all.

"Oh um hi Jacob," I fumbled for the right words, "I uh didn't know you were looking for me. Sorry."

I knew it sounded pathetic, but I hoped that Jacob wouldn't notice how terrible of a liar I was. William tried to hide a smirk. I felt my cheeks burn more from the humiliation.

"Oh that's alright," Jacob replied patting my shoulder. "I didn't expect your beautifully simple mind to think of such details as me trying to find you. I assume, if I may, that you were most likely admiring the outfit of one of your many charming friends. After all isn't that what most women do?" He smiled and I tried to withhold the biting remark that threatened to burst from my lips.

Instead I forced myself to smile as though nothing was wrong. It really wouldn't be fair to ruin Angela's party by giving the most obnoxious person here a good tongue lashing.

"Oh yes of course Jacob," I mumbled a reply through gritted teeth. Jacob didn't seem to notice. Will continued to stand silently and watch our conversation with a big grin on his face.

"Ah well it doesn't really matter though." Jacob waved his hand graciously, "But now that I've caught up to you I'd like to ask if you'd be my dance partner for the next dance?"

"Well, uh, Jacob," I was terrible at refusing a dance! I shot a pleading look at William 'please help me!'

"Actually Jacob," Will cut in, taking my arm, "Rachael already agreed to dance the next few dances with me."

Jacob's demeanor changed rapidly. His eyes narrowed into slits and I could see his hand ball into a fist. The creepy vibe in my brain went on high alert and I was afraid that he'd do something drastic. Will tightened his hold on my arm.

However, he was able to compose himself quickly, though no smile graced his face.

"Ah well, then to the victor go the spoils. At least for now. Well played Mr. Davenport, she is quite the prize. But the game has just begun." He spun on his heel and stiffly walked away.


No comments:

Post a Comment