Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 27, 2009

Here's another snippet.

Here's another snippet of what I am writing for my book. I'm not finish with the thought by any means, but I thought I'd post something since I haven't written in awhile. It's only fair that you get to read something right? Right! So I hope you enjoy.


                “Shoot!” I shouted as I bolted up in bed. I was running late. Again.
                “Stupid late night homework session,” I grumbled rubbing my eyes. I had completely forgotten to set my alarm clock.
                I hastily changed from my pajamas into the clothes I had laid out the night before: a cozy sweater and jeans. And in a dizzying pace I pulled my unruly hair into a ponytail and slipped my shoes on. I brushed my teeth in record time and was out the door within twenty minutes. I didn’t have time for breakfast this morning but promised my protesting stomach that I would eat a large lunch.
                In a flash I was running full speed towards campus, praying that I wouldn’t trip over something. It was a ten minute walk to campus and I had about fifteen minutes to get there and be on time. And I couldn’t afford to be late again, so sprinting was a must. My professor stressed the importance of being on time. And I had been lucky to get into this English class.
By the time I made it to campus I was panting tiredly. Thankfully there weren’t too many people walking towards class so I had a straighter shot of making it to my classroom. I had five minutes to make it and be on time…
                “Come…on Jenna…you… can… do this,” I chanted, panting heavily. It didn’t help that I had backpack that weighed a ton on my back. “Just keep going…”
                And then things happened so fast.
                I was so busy concentrating on keeping track of how much time I had left that I didn’t really pay attention to the obstacles in front of me. I slammed full force into a very solid looking person guy. We both went crashing to the ground, my heavy backpack pulling me beneath the stranger. I heard a loud crack as my head collided with the cold concrete. Pain erupted and stars appeared. I shut my eyes.
                “Ooow,” I groaned.
                “I could say the same,” A deeply annoyed man’s voice remarked. “Do you make a habit of running unsuspecting people down each morning?”
                I opened my eyes to look at the person I had collided with. His blonde hair was styled in an untidy fashion and his emerald eyes were glaring down on me, a deep scowl tugged at his lips. He was rather handsome I had to admit; A bit rude, but handsome.
                “Sorry,” I murmured, “I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. I apologize.”
                “A lot of good that’ll do,” He retorted heaving himself to his feet, “I’ve already been trampled by you and now I’m running extremely. Thank you for making my day start off so well.”
                I slowly rose to my feet, wincing as I touched the tender spot on my head. He didn’t bother to help me.
                “Listen I said I was sorry. It was an accident. I didn’t mean to run into you. I was just trying to get to class.” I glared at him.  How absolutely rude he was!
                “Perhaps next time you should be more organized.”
                “Ugh!” I gave up trying to talk to the man, but hefted the strap of my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder and hurrying past the man.
                But I didn’t get too far. The blow to my head caused my vision to swim momentarily and I stumbled, dropping my backpack. I stood still and closed my eyes momentarily, the throbbing in my head increasing.
                “Ouch,” I whined, touching my head again. The pounding increased from the contact with my hand, “This is just not my day”
                “Hey!” The man I had collided with called after me. “Wait up!”
                I chose to ignore him and continued to walk towards my classroom. I had no hope of making it on time, but I still needed to go.
                He grabbed my elbow. “Hey,” He said in a kinder tone, “Are you alright?”
                “I’m fine,” I retorted icily, removing my elbow from his grasp. “And why would it matter anyway? After all I ruined your morning.”
                “Listen, I…I just…” He was fumbling for words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment