Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Short story snippets...

"Stop!" I shouted squeezing my eyes shut in frustration, "I-I can't take it anymore! Just stop."

Will looked at me confused, but he silenced his declarations and merely watched me from across the room, a thoughtful expression on his face.

I hesitated a moment but then gritted my teeth in determination. It had to be said. "I can't...I can't accept you Will. You and I both know it'd never work anyway. You can't stand me, and I certainly can't picture the two of us together."

The color drained from his face. It was obvious the William Davenport was not used to rejection. A steely gaze overtook his features and he gave me a hard stare.

"This is the only reply that I get? Really Rachel? Don't you think that it's rather rude to talk to someone in my position like that? Especially when they've told you how they feel about you?"

I glared in response, "Yes that's the only reply you get! And why on earth would I talk to you any differently. Just because you have money, doesn't make you better than anyone else. And as to the feelings that you have, I'm sure that all your criticisms will help you get over any infatuation you have with me. Believe me mister Davenport, this is just a fling and you'll soon forget me and move onto the next girl who catches your fancy."

Author's Note: So what do you think? This is just a thought I was struck with as I sat down to write about my works. Believe me when I say that it is a very rough draft of what I want to write. Does it sounds oddly familiar? Yet, different right? Well at least that's what I'm hoping for. I don't want to copy someone else's brilliant work. I'd rather be known for my own unique style of writing. But before I continue I'd like at least one response to know if people are actually reading this thing! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment