Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 12, 2009

Post Number 2: About writing this time! Promise!

Okay so I realize that I just posted but, I figured that I might as well post another one just to let anyone who is reading this know how the writing is coming for my competitions and for my novel, which may now be turning into two! Exciting? Yes I realize it!

Well I've been bouncing some ideas around in my head for this short story about a girl who is absolutely obsessed with "Pride and Prejudice." Yes I realize that it may sound a little cliche, but I promise you it isn't! Well you see, her problem is is that she wants a handsome and charming guy to like her, but she constantly compares them to her version of Mr. Darcy, thus making it impossible for anyone to get near her affection-wise. Ahh...but the plot thickens you see....her desire is to find the right guy, like in the book, but she just doesn't realize how many similarities the book has to her own life. And I know that it may sound WAAAY Cliche, but it isn't. I've taken a large departure from the actual text of the novel, but you will be able to see the similarities in there. I'll have to post some of what I've written down next time. I don't have my notebook here with me...'sob sob' I shouldn't have forgotten it but alas I am of the absentminded type...it can't be helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment