Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Short Story Snippet (Major Editing to follow!)

Here's a small sample of the short story that I'm working on for the contest that I'm entering either this November December. Now believe me when I say that there will be major editing and a lot of changes made, but I was struck with an idea and I wrote it down in haste. I thought you'd like to read it! I mean if there are actually people reading my blog. I'd love to hear comments! Thanks a bunch.

M.M.D.M.D. (My title shall remain secret for now. Unless of course you figure it out.)

I was nervous.

No, scratch that, I was terrified.

I was terrified of so many things. But mostly I was terrified of myself; of what I felt and how far my heart had strayed from my rationality. And as I exited the car, I couldn't stop the butterflies from fluttering wildly in my chest. Tonight was the first dance I had been to since... well since I had met my match. I guess you could say that this was the first dance I had been to since I had fallen in love. Not rational, logical love, but fairytale love. The kind you dream about and wish for all your life, but never really imagine it happening to you.

I wasn't nervous about the dance itself. No that was the easy part. I could smile and say all the right things to people. I could handle the numerous conversations and even the awkward dance partners. No I was nervous because
he was going to be there...

My heart soared and plummeted at the same time as I thought of the ebony locks and jade green eyes. I desperately fought down the urge to crawl back in my car and head for the safety of home. But I couldn't do that. No. I had promised Angela that I would come and support her. After all it was her engagement party and she was my best friend...She and David had waited so long and gone through too many things together. For them to finally be engaged and that much closer to marriage, well all the pain in the world was worth it to see them happy.

A stray curl blew in my face and I realized, much to my embarrassment that I was still leaning against my car in the parking lot, staring off into space. How long had I been standing here? A blush crept up on my cheeks and I scurried towards the door, tripping only once up the stairs ( record for me, especially with the heels I was wearing). I briefly registered in my mind how stunning the marble staircase looked against the glow of the lighting, and how picturesque the scene seemed to be...

Well what do you think? Do you like it? Hate it? Can't stand it? Let me know! I'd love to hear from anyone interested in what I've written. And if you are just interested in the competition that I'm planning on entering let me know! I'll give you details!

No comments:

Post a Comment