Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Humble Opinion on The Creative Process

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I've come to the conclusion that no two people have the same creative process. We are all such diverse people that it'd be hard to have the exact same process as the person right next to you right? And for that matter why would we want to share the same creative process in the first place? I believe that it would make for a very uncreative life. One that wasn't full of new adventures and exciting places. We wouldn't have novels or short stories that differed so entirely. Nor would we have the depth or passion needed to be a creative writer. In short, life would be very boring.

Now I've read of many author's creative processes. Some authors merely think of something that interests them and BAM, they can create a masterpiece. It's as if they pull something fabulous from thin air. Still other authors actually have to let their minds freely wander in order to create a masterpiece. In this scenario, it's as if inspiration slowly creeps up on them. And that got me to thinking and I've wondered about how inspiration strikes me and I think I have the answer. Inspiration and the creative process in my life take place when I'm happy, comfortable, and relaxed. I'm happy with my surroundings and the people in my life. If something is amiss, then it's as if my creative process sort of shuts down. In essence I seem to take inspiration from my surroundings and experiences and meld them into these fantastical and amusing, lovable stories that my mind conjures up when I'm relaxed and resting. Especially when I'm dreaming. I mean I once dreamt that I was Moses! Still a girl mind you, but Moses none the less. Now if that's not creative I simply don't know what is.

But the point of this whole little spiel is simply this, I believe that each and every one of us has the ability and talent to be creative. We may have different fields of creativity, but the passion and drive and the pure talent is embedded in each of us. The trick is to actually believe that such creativity can be put to good use. If we believe that what we think and feel matters, then it simply does. No one can take away our creativity and passions and talents unless we allow it. If we don't believe, then who will? I refuse to be one of the people who gives up on my dreams. Even if I never get a single piece of writing published in my life, I will continue to write. I will continue to let my creative process work wonders with my imagination. And I will certainly never let the fear of failure ever stop me from doing what I love.

And that's my humble opinion...

1 comment:

  1. I don't find it rude at all! In fact, I find it very flattering and encouraging. I really appreciate you taking the time to say such kind things about my writing. From what I can see on your blog, you certainly have what it takes! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete