Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Unusual Acquaintance...

“You’ve completely ruined my day, you know that,” I huffed in annoyance as he started walking towards the parking lot.



He sighed and rolled his eyes. “Believe me I understand that I’ve ruined things. Just let me make it up to you alright?”


I huffed in response and sat still as he cradled me. All my wiggling proved futile and increased my headache ten-fold. My face, however, did not return to its normal hue.


The man easily carried me through the throngs of students, many gaping at my predicament, and headed towards the parking lot. I kept my gaze to my feet and tried to ignore the embarrassment I felt.


“You know this could be considered kidnapping,” I murmured. The man only chuckled.


“Yes I suppose you are correct in that observation,” He remarked drily crossing the street towards the student lot, “However I suppose we can call this a temporary kidnapping since I do intend to bring you home.”


I rolled my eyes in response but remained silent.


The man led us over to a midnight blue car that looked far too expensive for a college student to afford. I vaguely wondered how he could afford something like this.


He walked over to the passenger side and carefully maneuvered the door open.


“I can get myself in you know,” I remarked annoyed at his antics.


With a sigh he set me gently on my feet and stood there as I positioned myself in the seat. Once I was in, he gently shut the door and walked to the driver’s side. The chivalry surprised me but I kept my thoughts to myself. Shutting his own door, he placed the keys in the ignition and started the engine.


“By the way,” he remarked, reversing from the stall, “My name is Adam.”


“Uh Jenna,” I murmured in reply closing my eyes. My head was throbbing.


“Nice to meet you Jenna,” he stated, “Though perhaps you should open your eyes for me.”


“Why?” I whined slightly, “My head hurts.”


“Because you have a concussion and if you go to sleep then we could have a very large problem on our hands.”


Begrudgingly I opened my eyes and gazed over at him. He had a slight smile on his face.


“Now that wasn’t so hard was it?” He grinned at me. I glared.


“No not all,” I replied sarcastically.



No comments:

Post a Comment