Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 25, 2011

365 Challenge

Alright, so let's face it, I've been a really bad blogger lately. Honestly I don't really have a good excuse for this either...I've simply just put off blogging...I suppose I rationalized it because there were so many other things I needed to take care of before I sat down and wrote on this thing, but an excuse is an excuse is an excuse and....well....you get the idea right? I remember how I said in my last entry that I'd be updating more often because I was going to attempt to rewrite a portion of the Canterbury Tales. Well, needless to say that fell through. I literally took of more htan I could chew in that respect and it wasn't a good thing that ended up happening...I was sitting on the couch staring at my computer trying force inspiration into my fingers, and instead I ended up with a load of garbage that didn't sound remotely interesting or unique. And it was very frustrating for me, especially since I'm excessively OCD about my writing and don't like to have written something that isn't perfect...sounds stupid, right? I blame that infernal editor stuck inside my head for that problem though...alas I digress...

Anyway, to get back on track here, I've decided that if I really want to value this blog and truly put it to work and hopefully get my writing back on track, I need to take the initiative and actually sit down and force myself to write! I know that I have a million other things to do, but if I keep making excuses I'll never get anything done that I'd like to! Writing is really important to me and if I keep letting it go, the characters, plots, and other various ideas that are locked in my head will cause me to go insane! And my poor husband doesn't need that...

So here's my proposal: I will spend the next 365 days writing in my blog. I promise to write every single day and report on how well my novel is going and any other thoughts and ideas about my novel that have come to mind. I will also post snippets when I finish them and just generally stay focused on my writing.

So, I officially declare that this blog will be updated every single day from this moment forward...at least for the next year that is...And I hope to hear form you readers of mine...feedback, encouragement, scathing remarks on my writing style...literally anything!

So, until I write again...

No comments:

Post a Comment