Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Snippet...

My friend mentioned today that one of her friends from College was actually getting her novel published! Needless to say I was a tad jealous...and I was actually inspired to get things really going with my updates! Here's hoping I get more written for your enjoyment! Congratulations to the lovely lady for her advances in publishing! I'm really happy for her...and here's a pat on the back for me to keep motivated and continue writing.

Anyway, that was not the purpose for this post. The purpose of this post is to give you another taste of what I was working on. I hope you enjoy it. And as always (I say this ALL the time I know) feel free to respond. Let me know what you think! Let me know if my writing is good or bad or wonderful and inspiring or terrible! Just get out there and let me know what you, my dear readers, are thinking!

And now...onto the snippet!

“You are absurd Jenna!” Adam fumed throwing his hands in the air, “I can’t believe you!”



“That’s not fair!” I retaliate, my blood starting to boil, “You don’t understand what I’ve been through. You don’t know anything!”


“It’s not healthy to keep everything bottled up! You can’t just ignore these problems, hoping that they will go away and refusing to seek out help if you need it! It’s ridiculous.” Adam grabbed my elbow gently, “You can’t do this on your own.” He was speaking softly now.


I jerked my arm away forcefully, and shot him a glare, “You don’t know anything,” I ranted, “You don’t know what I’ve been through and you don’t know how I’m dealing with things!”


“Oh but I do Jen,” he replied stoically his eyes narrowing slightly, “I know all too well how you’ve “dealt” with this. You’ve avoided. You’ve pushed people away and refused to acknowledge the pain the comes with life. You can’t look beyond the death of your parents and actually move forward. You’re stuck in the same rut and you don’t want to be free of it. You don’t want to let them go.” His words were coming out as a whisper now and he moved closer to me, “Jenna, you have to let them go. You can’t keep fearing the memory of their death anymore. You have to move on.”


Tears had welled up in my eyes, “You don’t know what I’ve been through.” I murmured half heartedly. I knew that my statement was a lie. Who, above all others, would know the pain of losing those closest to you better than Adam? The man who couldn’t age or die? The man trapped into existence, never truly living; never having the opportunity to experience the richness that life had to offer; always on the sidelines.


“Your father was my best friend,” He whispered quietly. My head shot up in surprise.


“What?” I was baffled.


“Your father was my best friend Jenna, and your mother became like a sister to me. I loved your parents so much more than you know.”


“You, you knew my parents?” I was confused now.

No comments:

Post a Comment