Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 16, 2010

NaNoWriMo...



Call me crazy...in fact I'll do that myself...I do believe I can be considered quite crazy for attempting to do this...

Thanks to the encouragment from a friend, I am attempting to participated in NaNoWriMo...or National Novel Writer's Month...which consists of writing 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November alone...sounds insane doesn't it? But at the same time it sounds rather interesting. I mean how many people would agree to write 50,000 words in one month? I'm rather excited about it and really motivated to attempt to complete the challenge...

Something I've been debating, however, is whether or not to rewrite the whole novel that I have already gotten complete. That's something I will have to debate and mull over and finally decide on before November actually begins.

Something, that I have determined, however, is that I believe that my novel will end up being longer than the 50,000 words that are the "requirements" for the challenge. That being said, if I can get to that 50,000 mark and see how the novel is faring, all in the space of one month, then I will be in a good frame of mind! Wouldn't you agree?

So, for the next few weeks, my posts won't really contain much in the way of updates on my novel...at least not with excerpts from the actual text. I'm taking a break from that to prepare for the month to come. However, I will try to post updates on my character developments and ideas that I'm kicking around...maybe that will also help me organize my thoughts and intentions for my book...

All the same, wish me luck! I hope to keep my sanity this next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment