Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, November 7, 2011

When I Think of Writing...

When I think of writing, I think of the many different methods that pertain to the process of writing. There are so many steps that you must follow; there are so many rules to must adhere to. But, the wonderful thing about writing is that no matter how many rules you know or how many times you go through a draft, there's always room for improvement. And, there's always a way to break the rules to allow your voice to shine through. So many writers struggle because they strive to adhere to all the rules. They want to be the perfect example of what a writer should be. But, that's not what true writing is. A writer knows that the process of creation isn't so clean cut. There are many muddy ditches you must wade through and so many bogs you must cross to get to the final destination of your work. And even then you are never really finished. As writers, we tend to be a bit compulsive and fanatical about our writing. We are our harshest critics. So, naturally, our writing will always remain a draft in our eyes. There will always be room to grow and improve.

Anyway! Enough about that little spiel! I have an update for you! It's still rather short because life is hectic beyond belief. But, it's available to be read and reread as many times a you'd like! Let me know what you think. Reviews, questions, criticism...all are welcome!

 My head was throbbing and my stomach lurched painfully. Ugh. Stupid stomach flu. I needed to get home.

Dragging myself sloppily to my feet, I trudged off campus and headed back towards my apartment to sleep off this wretched sickness. I just hoped I made it there before I tossed my cookies.

Within minutes I was home. I dropped my bag at the door and stumbled towards my bedroom in search of my pajamas. Slipping off my shoes and socks I changed as quickly as possible, my fingers shaking from over use.

Once I was dressed (or redressed in my pajamas) I climbed on my bed slowly and drifted to sleep.

I heard a distant creak coming from the living room. The noise was loud enough to rouse me from slumber. I listened for a moment and when I heard no more I snuggled back among the pillows to continue sleeping.

Creak...

I bolted upright, disoriented by the sudden movement but very much alert and awake. Something or someone was in my house! A shudder ran down my spine as my imagination tipped overboard. My heart started hammering in my chest.

I slowly rose from my bed, tiptoing towards the halway. Another creak resounded from the living room.

I peeked my head around the corner and noticed a tall dark shadow standing in the center of the room, it's head down.

Anger boiled inside of me. I was getting sick and tired of all the bully dodging in my life lately. I needed a break! I wasn't feeling well!

As quietly as I could I snatched the broom from the entryway of the kitchen and moved slowly towards the shadow, avoiding any spot that would make noise under my weight. The man--I could tell by his height--had his back turned towards me. Perfect.

Raising the broom behind me I brought it down with all the force I could muster...

2 comments:

  1. I will let you know what I think once I read it. I just can't because I refuse to learn what's going on right now when I have to catch up on several of your previous posts. I did like what I read at the beginning though. Sorry I'm so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for commenting! :)Take all the time you need! I'm just glad people are reading and that my writing isn't merely being sucked into the void of the internet world! Any comments are welcome.

    ReplyDelete