Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Thought For Today...

Goodness knows I should be working on the various projects that I have in the works right now. I have so many different projects going on, pulling me in different directions that sometimes I forget which end is up! It's hard not to get discouraged and think that I haven't accomplished much, especially when my new apartment is cluttered with boxes and I've gotten maybe 10 hours of sleep in the last three days due to illness (trust me it's not pleasant). I feel crummy, and I'm sure I look worse. But...oh that glorious word! BUT, I couldn't help but think about how strange and interesting life is. I am an aspiring novelist. Yes I realize this notion maybe far more romanticised than it really is. Yes I understand that this a risky venture sure to bring me to tears due to rejection letters, and hopeless moments of writer's block and general feelings of inferiority. And yes I understand that people will look at you funny when you state that you are writing a book (because honestly, who sits down and willingly writes novels? Strange people that's who).

BUT...

despite all my fears and insecurities, I know that my writing is important (to me at least) and that each time I sit down and pour words onto an eager canvas, I'm creating an alternate reality where thoughts, emotions, and ideas are entirely controlled by the writer. I'm able to create something beautiful with the flourish of my pen and the careful construction of sentences, descriptions and imagery. I'm able to be the master of a world. I'm able to define myself in my novels, and writings. I'm able to state to the world just what I think and feel and how I view my surroundings. I'm able to show the world the truest person that I am. What a wondrous process! I can be whatever I wish to be. I can write whatever I wish to write! I can do whatever I wish to do!

Writing doesn't define me. I define me. I set he standards; I make the path and I learn and progress and move forward. My writing styles change and develop and one day they will be good enough to garner the attention of someone...maybe. or maybe not. Either way, I'll continue to write and be the best person that I can be. I'll be the writer I've always set out to be. I won't ever give up on myself. I can be what I choose.

And that's the thought for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment