Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Silencing my inner editor

Well for NaNoWriMo I am hopelessly behind in my word count, but at least I'm trying right? I'm not going to stress out needlessly if I don't make the 50,000 word deadline by the end of the month. Rather I'm trying to enjoy this time to simply write in my novel. And to silence the inner editor that is screaming at me to change a million and a half things since I started writing! It's a love hate relationship right now.

And I believe that all writers go through that inner monologue on debating on whether or not to rewrite their work. Perfectionists much? I seem to think so. But I know that if I were to heed my inner editor's wishes and screaming demands, then I'd never get this blasted novel written. My problem seems to be that I can always find a problem with my work; somewhere it can be improve and reworded and modified. And the more I look for problems with my novel the more I will find. And the more I find, the more I think I need to fix. And then I will get discouraged about my actual novel and either not want to finish it or never think that it will be good enough to warrant anyone to want to read it.

So, what I need to do is just "suck it up" and tell my inner editor to shut up!

No comments:

Post a Comment