Labels

Musical Inspiration


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Unique Discovery

I admit that I am slow to get my chapter up and running. I am struggling with my writer's block currently and it is aggravating. But, while watching "Prince of Perisa" tonight I have come to a discovery: my theory of time travel in my novel is actually one that is not unique. In fact it is quite an intelligent theory that I've concoted for my story; one that even Stephen Hawking was theorizing! How amazing is that!

My theory for my novel is that despite the fact that Adam can travel back in time, he cannot alter the events of the past. He cannot change the course because it is already set in stone. He is merely a spectator in the events of the whole span of history; living it but never really participating, in a way.

So, I started to do some research on the "Grandfather Paradox" and the "Predestination Paradox" as they are called and came upon some great information. Here is the link to Wikipedia that explains my theory a little better and far more intelligent than I can!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predestination_paradox

After reading and investigating my theory in great detail, I can gradually feel my writer's block slipping and inspiration taking root again. My mind is now abuzz with many thoughts and theories and ideas to add to my novel. It is inspiring and a great relief to be able to see the thoughts and ideas that have been stewing in my head come together, especially since I've been struggling to piece together the difficult passages and thoughts that have been swirling around in my head.

Now, my next task will be to finish this blasted chapter before it literally rips my thoughts to shreds with it's incessant pounding on my imagination, begging me to release  it onto paper! Wish me the best of luck my dear readers, whoever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment